Hello all! So I applied this Spring semester to study abroad in Japan for the summer, not really thinking I would get in (but hoping I would of course). Imagine my incredibly grateful surprise when I got the email from IES telling me that I would be going to Japan. Who would have thought that I, a girl who has barely even traveled outside of her home city, would be living in Tokyo for 2 whole months? I'll be taking a 6 hour Japanese language course through IES abroad and we'll be living in Tokyo Japan from May 31st to July 15th.

Of course this blog was started so that I can share my adventures with family and friends so that they know how I'm doing. I also hope that I can encourage other students to take the leap to study abroad at least once during their time in college, I definitely feel like this trip will be worth it!

I got this blog started a bit late, so I leave for Japan in only a week. I'm trying my best to finish everything up here at home, but my mind is all over the place as I try to comprehend that I'll be leaving the country so soon. I'll probably be making separate posts for packing and pre-departure preparation later. I'm also planning on making a video blog simultaneously with this written journal, so you can look forward to some footage of Japan in addition to pictures :)

Otherwise, let's get this started!

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply